Monday, April 19, 2010

It's Book Review Time!

Ok, so I figured I'd do a book review from time to time here, to share what I'm reading and how it's impacted my life.  Today's book is Fasting by Jentezen Franklin.

I have to say I read this book a little more than a year ago, and it made a big impact on me.  I hadn't really understood the impact of fasting on my life, or on my relationship with God, or really why I should fast.  In the Church today, fasting is something we often talk about but few of us actually do, mostly because we don't understand the power in it.  This book changes that, and it really helped me to figure out not only how to go about fasting, but why it's important. 

The book is written in a very readable style, and the information included is very easy to understand.  It's a pretty quick read, also, but you'll want to take your time to really absorb all the information included.  And I have to say, it motivated me to take on a 3 day fast, which is something I hadn't even considered before this.

On a scale of 1 to 5, I'd have to give it a 4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment